My Sweet Snowball
by Leia, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I recently lost a beloved pet due to old age. She was a GORGEOUS Turkish Angora with the prettiest Amber eyes you have ever come across. She had a regal and elegant walk and although she drove me nuts at times I loved her with all my heart. I had her for 20 years, raised her from a bedraggled, very UGLY looking kitten who turned into a beautiful swan.
I have another cat his name is Flakey and he helps me bear the loss a little. Even he knows she is gone now and seems to ask me: "When is she coming back?" He stays close to me, more so than usual and seems to want alot more cuddling than is normal for him. I can only hope that Flakey will live just as long as my sweet Snowball.
- My sweet Snowball you were like a child to me
- You came into my life and it was meant to be
- That you would love to travel in the car
- Going anyplace, near or far.
- You were so much a part of my life sweet pet
- I will always remember and never forget
- Your beautiful amber eyes, your demanding meow
- That day you climbed out onto that tree bough.
- Your body curled up to mine
- Oh sweet Snowball it felt so fine
- When you kneaded into my side
- It brings a smile that I cannot hide.
- You were so meticulous with your cleaning
- Always sure to have your white coat gleaming
- So independent you were
- Never letting me comb out your long fur.
- Remember the day you broke your leg?
- How very worried you had me I can say.
- They splint your leg that very same day
- How often did you try to remove it I still can't say.
- I remember so many things about you Snowball
- Your love for me unquestioning, you gave your all.
- You would sit on my suitcase when you knew I would be gone
- Waiting for me to take you along.
- Forgive me my loving pet for leaving you behind that one day
- I promise you now I will always take you with me when I go away.
- Is that you I hear meowing in my ear?
- Dearest cat, I know you will always be here.
- How beautiful you are my sweet cat
- I loved you so much my darling little brat
- From your demanding meow, and your little pink nose
- To the tip of your fluffly white tail and your sharp clawed toes.
- I've loved you for twenty years
- Through happy times and sad tears
- I know you are at peace now my darling pet
- But your memory I shall NEVER forget.
- I love you My sweet Snowball.
- If you want to comment on this article, why not write direct to
- She will be pleased to hear from you!