by Leia, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I recently went to the Humane Society and adopted a little cat which I've named Sweetie Pie. (She lives up to her name too <grin>) She does jump at every little sound from either outside or inside and I can't help but wonder what kind of life she had before being picked up.
- You're such a little fraidy cat
- Jumping at every little noise like that
- You disappear from my side at a child's cry outside
- Every little sound makes you want to run and hide.
- I wonder what kind of life you had
- Before I saw you makes me sad
- You find a dark corner and there you stay
- Hoping the bad sounds will go away.
- Let me hold you dear little one and stroke your fur
- And hear your happy little purr
- Allow me to give you alot of love and affection
- I promise sweet cat there will be no more rejection.
- Trust me Sweetie Pie it will be okay
- I will make those bad sounds go away.
- In my arms you will always be safe
- And no longer be a scared little waif.
- If you want to comment on this article, why not write direct to
- She will be pleased to hear from you!