"Drive-thru" Cash Point Machines
Please note that with the arrival of the new "Drive-thru" cash point machines customers will be able to withdraw cash without leaving their vehicles. To enable users to use this new facility the following procedures have been drawn up. Please read the procedure that applies to your own circumstances (i.e. MALE or FEMALE) and remember them for when you use the machine for the first time.
- MALE PROCEDURE
- Drive up to the cash machine.
- Wind down your car window.
- Insert card into machine and enter PIN.
- Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
- Retrieve card, cash, and receipt.
- Wind up window.
- Drive off.
- FEMALE PROCEDURE
- Drive up to cash machine
- Reverse back the required amount to align car window to machine
- Re-start the stalled engine
- Wind down the window
- Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate card
- Locate make-up bag and check make-up in rear view mirror
- Attempt to insert card into machine
- Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance from the car
- Insert card
- Insert card the right way up
- Re-enter handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page
- Enter PIN
- Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN
- Enter amount of cash required
- Re-check make up in rear view mirror
- Retrieve cash and receipt
- Empty handbag again to locate purse and place cash inside
- Place receipt in back of cheque book
- Re-check make-up again
- Drive forwards 2 metres
- Reverse back to cash machine
- Retrieve card
- Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the slot provided
- Re-check make-up
- Restart stalled engine and pull off
- Drive for 3 to 4 miles
- Release hand brake